I love summertime drinks! I find it hard to stay within my macros when I do enjoy them so I have taken some time to come up with my own drinks that let me have some fun but are still delicious at the same time. I recently played around with a mango margarita recipe because I had recently gone to the Charlotte Farmer’s Market (God’s gift to the city of Charlotte) and found that my favorite farmer had the most ripe and delicious looking yellow mangos. At $1.00 a piece I grabbed up a bunch of them and decided that I was going to have to find some recipes to use them in before I gobbled the up whole.
If you follow my Fit Britt Facebook Page, you’ll see that I posted a picture of this lovely margarita but here’s another look for ya (wipe that drool off, sug):
Delicious looking right? Man it was too good not to share the recipe! So if you’re in the mood for a delicious and simple treat without the guilt, try out this delicious masterpiece.
Perfect Skinny Margarita
3 ounces tequila (that’s two shots)
1 ripe yellow mango
1 lime, juiced
1 shot of Skinny Simple Syrup
½ tsp Chili Powder
½ tsp Salt
1 lime to rim glass
Ice if you’re interested in a frozen margarita!
- Put chili powder and salt on a place and mix together
- Cut lime in quarters and rim glass to rim the glass. Rim glass with chili powder mixture.
- Peel mango and slice and put in blender/Ninja
- Juice lime and add to blender/Ninja
- Add tequila and skinny simple syrup
- Blend until everything’s all mixed up. Pour into your glass over ice or add ice to blender/Ninja in order to make it frozen
It’s such a delicious drink and nothing to feel guilty about! My fiancé isn’t a fan of my skinny drinks all the time because of the “Splenda” taste they can have but he was a fan of this one (P.S. He also hates mangos! So this says A LOT!). Give it a whirl and let me know what you think below!